Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Amateur Courses and other Cooking Schools topics.
Whether it's sifting flour or separating eggs, we all need help in the kitchen. Here are some back-to-basic baking tips to help out:
1. Don't you hate it when you measure peanut butter, butter or corn syrup and it sticks to the measuring cup? Spray your measuring cup with non-stick spray first, and then your peanut butter, butter or corn syrup will slide right out.
2. To enhance the flavor of almonds and pecans, toast them before using them in your recipe.
3. If you brush a whole egg onto the bottom and sides of your pie shell it will prevent your crust from getting soggy.
4. For some delicious brownies add caramel to your batter -- the kind of caramel you put on ice-cream.
5. When making pie crust you can add 1/3 cup sugar for a sweeter crust.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|