Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about International Cuisine Arts and other Cooking Schools topics.
Below are some tips you can apply to your Italian cooking:
1. Keep your pantry stocked with some of the main ingredients used in Italian cooking -- olive oil, pastas, wine, garlic, onions, etc.
2. The five key ingredients used in Italian cooking are pasta, extra-virgin olive oil, real balsamic vinegar, prosciutto and parmesan cheese.
3. Basil and vintage balsamic are great in desserts.
4. Nutella makes a great substitute for peanut butter on your toast.
5. On a hot summer day, panna cotta makes a wonderful, easy and light dessert to serve with fresh berries.
6. Use fresh ingredients, keep it simple, and respect Italian and Mediterranean traditions.