Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Careers in Culinary Arts and other Cooking Schools topics.
So you've decided that you want to become a pastry chef. Your next step, after education and hands-on industry experience, will be finding the right pastry chef jobs. Here are a few tips to help you choose the pastry chef job that is right for you:
1. If you want to go into business for yourself you can work towards opening your own catering business or private bakery shop.
2. Seek a job with your local bakery, hotel or restaurant.
3. If you like to teach others about the pastry industry you can check with culinary schools about teaching classes.
4. Do you like to create new products and test them? Check with corporate offices of regional and national restaurant chains.
5. Many hotels hire pastry chefs for their fine dining restaurants. At the hotels, you get the chance to put together extravegant buffet tables with many desserts and chocolate or sugar showpieces.