Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Culinary Schools and other Cooking Schools topics.
A course in classic culinary arts will introduce you to food storage. You can get a step ahead of the classic culinary arts course with these tips on food storage.
• Don't store potatoes and onions under the sink. Pipes can leak onto the potatoes and onions, and this will damage and ruin the food.
• Do not use or purchase canned goods that are sticky on the outside. This is a sign of a leak.
• When storing food in the refrigerator, the temperature of the refrigerator should be 36 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Use older products before opening newer products.
• Using a permanent marker, write the date of the contents you store -- after three days the contents should be thrown out.
• Food should not sit out longer than two hours.